Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Adorable Big Sister!


I know a lot of the time I talk about Gavin and all of the appointments and daily events pertaining to him. But this post is about my absolutely wonderful 2.5 year old daughter Ayla Quinn.

My beautiful little burst of energy of a daughter is the sweetest big sister. She know that she has to be extra gentle with Gavin and uses her soft hands all the time when she is around him. She gives him kisses as often as she can and she loves to "boop" him on the nose. She talks to him and tells him she loves him every day.

But she is so much more than a big sister. She is an incredibly bright little girl. She can finish 24 piece puzzles in less than five minutes. She says words to me that I didn't even think she knew what they meant or how to say them.She thinks critically about problems and can figure out solve them. She knows her colors and can count to 20, even though once she gets to 13 they all sound very similar. She knows and can say her full name. And she has been fully potty trained since before her second birthday.

She loves to play with her toys, of which she has way too many. She loves playing with characters specifically and will make them have entire conversations to one another and sometimes daddy or I will be involved in the dialogue. She can ride a trike and a scooter and is quite the little daredevil. She jumps off of anything and everything she can and is currently learning how to do a cartwheel (which looks more like a forward roll at this point). She tells me that she wants to learn how to do ballet and has an awesome aunt that is a dance teacher so she will be learning soon enough! 

She is one of the most loving children ever. She is constantly giving me kisses and telling me she loves me. If I leave for a short period of time she tells me she missed me as soon as I get back. We snuggle every day and I wouldn't trade that time for anything in the world. 

I guess I just wanted to let everyone know that Gavin is not the only light of my life. My daughter is what gave me my purpose in life, and that was to be a mother. She taught me so much about what love really is and I thank God every day for bringing her to me. 







No comments:

Post a Comment